Principle: A person becomes liable for his negligence when he owed a duty of care to others
Facts: A train was leaving from the platform. Dhiraj rushed and boarded the moving train. He was carrying a parcel of long wooden reapers. Even though Dhiraj managed to enter the train, the parcel was protruding out through the compartment door. Mohit, who came to see off his friend, was standing on the platform waiting for the train to move. The protruding parcel hit Mohit on his chest. Mohit claims compensation for the inquiry from Dhiraj. Will Mohit succeed?
(a) Mohit will succeed because Dhiraj ought to have taken care to keep the parcel inside the train and he should have anticipated some untoward incidence due to his carelessness.
(b) Dhiraj is not liable, as he was only entering the moving train and he did not get adequate time to pull the parcel inside.
(c) Mohit will not succeed as it was his duty to take sufficient care to avoid any accident, while standing on the station platform.
(d) Dhiraj is not liable to Mohit as it was the duty of the railways to ensure the safety of the people allowed to enter the platform.
The answer is (a)
1. If in a code language, 'TUTORIAL' is written as 'DODNGLCF' and 'DANCE' is written as 'YCJMZ', how can 'EDUCATION' be written in that code?
2. Directions: In the following question there are four words. Three of them are similar in some respects while one is different. Choose the one which is different.
3. Thirteen students are standing in horizontal row from left to right. If all the odd numbered students in the row are shifted to successive odd numbered positions, what will be the position of Sahil who was 7 th in the row initially?
(a) 9 th from right
(b) 6 th from left
(c) 5 th from right
(d) 8 th from left
4. In the following number series how many such 7's are there which are immediately preceded by a pair of numbers whose product is more than the product of pair of numbers immediately following?
5. Shikha is mother-in-law of Ekta, who is sister-in-law of Ankit, Pankaj is father of Sanjay, the only brother of Ankit. How is Shikha related to Ankit?
The answers are 1. (c), ; 2. (d); 3. (c); 4. (d); 5. (d)
Whenever a major airplane accident occurs, there is a dramatic increase in the number of airplane mishaps reported in the media, a phenomenon that may last for as long as a few months after the accident. Airline officials assert that the publicity given to the gruesomeness of major airplane accidents focuses media attention on the airline industry, and the increase in the number of reported accidents is caused by an increase in the number of news sources covering airlines accidents, not by an increase in the number of accidents.
Which of the following, if true, would seriously weaken the assertions of the airline officials?
(a) The publicity surrounding airline accidents is largely limited to the country in which the crash occurred
(b) Airline accidents tend to occur far more often during certain peak travel months
(c) News organization do not have any guidelines to help them decide how severe an accident must be for it to receive coverage.
(d) Airplane accidents receive coverage by news sources only when the news sources find it advantageous to do so.
The answer is (b)