Established in 2001, University School of Law and Legal Studies (USLLS) objective was primarily to run Five Year Integrated Professional Law Course and to serve as an institution of advanced legal studies. It was the first such University Law School established in the vicinity of the Supreme Court, Delhi High Court, various subordinate courts, commissions, tribunals and various monitoring offices of national and international voluntary organizations. Keeping in view the status of litigation in court system, University offers courses in Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADRs) and Client Counselling and Interviewing.
University School of Law and Legal Studies envisages advancement of institutional expertise in the area of legal research and education by augmenting academic and professional excellence, developing critical and relentless engagement with legal theory and practice, synergizing law, legal research, legal education and action to further the quest for justice.
University School of Law and Legal Studies aspires to open new vistas in the arena of law, legal studies, theoretical and clinical legal education through an incessant endeavour towards developing academic potential, critical analytical ability, advocacy, counseling and mediation skills so as to fully equip the students with learning which is intellectually stimulating, socially vital and professionally enriching.
To realize its mission, the school finds adherence to the following standards absolutely essential:
- Adoption of multi-disciplinary approach towards law and legal studies so as to develop greater synergy between classroom lectures, conventional professional and alternative practices in law.
- Encourage continuous engagement with and adoption of innovative approaches towards law, legal education, training and legal processes through capacity building of the faculty and facilitating access to advanced academic courses.
- Constant involvement with processes and practice of law in the professional, social and economic arenas of life by encouraging interaction between the institution and those involved in these processes.
- Development of technical, advocacy, communication and research skills not only through taught courses but also through practical training and engagement with the industry, community and the state.
- Expansion of facilities for advanced research in law, introduction of new and vibrant courses and for augmenting the capacity to undertake consultancies and projects with state, national and international agencies, industry etc.
B.A., LL.B. (H) Five Year Course
Admission through Common Entrance Test covering the following subjects: General Knowledge (including English Language). 40 seats
B.B.A., LL.B. (H) Five Year Course
Admission through Common Entrance Test covering the following subjects: General Knowledge (including English Language). 20 seats
Master of Laws (LL.M.)
Admission through Common Entrance Test.
The LL.M. programme in the following fields of specialization:
- Corporate Law
- Human Rights Law
- Intellectual Property Rights
- International Trade Law
School of Law and Legal Studies has its own library which has got books (more than 1000) related to law course , journals, magazines , reports , projects and thesis (more than 1000) which help the students as well as teachers.
Moot Court Committee looks after the various activities for organisation of internal Moot Court competitions. It plays a big role in organizing Inter-college and Inter-university Moot-Court competitions.
Newsletter Editorial Board
Newsletter Editorial board is constituted each month and comprises of two students. These students help the teacher editor and Chief editor in collection of articles and news items.
Vidhi is an association of students of law to carry out various activities in the school from time to time.
University School of Law and Legal Studies
G.G.S. Indraprastha University Kashmere Gate, New Delhi
Ph: 91-11-23900296 (O)
Website: www. ggsipu.nic.in